Monday, January 21, 2008

Only at the doctor's office...

We went to the doctor today! This means that the doctor will ooooo and awwwww over how well this little girl is doing, and then poke her 4 times. I can dissect anything you ask me to...but I absolutely cannot watch my sweet baby girl get her shots.

Funny story. Sariah usually wakes up from her afternoon nap around 3 or 3:15. We had a doctor's appointment at 3:30, so I woke her up at 2:45 so I could feed her and then run to the doctor. As we're driving, she poops. No big deal...I'll change her when we get to the doctor's office. I sign us in, Jared meets us there, and we're taken back to the room. As I stick my hands under the waist band to pull down her drawers, I feel gooeyness. Warm gooeyness. Um....ew. I knew then that she had a major explosion. Our daughter NEVER explodes. She has only once and that was at the babysitter's two weeks ago. I couldn't believe it! I pulled off her pants and saw her mess...it was all over her back, down her legs, and around her tummy. Cleaning her wasn't the tricky part...it was getting her onesie over her head!!! Yeah, try getting a poop-soaked onesie over a baby's head without yucking her all up. Very difficult. Somehow, we managed. I used dozens of wipes trying to clean her up, but we managed. Thankfully, I had JUST put in an extra onesie in the diaper bag that afternoon. Needless to say, she got an extra long bath tonight!

Here's the scoop! She's 15 pounds, 3 ounces...right on track in the 50th percentile. She's still LONG! 90th percentile for that one. Then again...little head, 25th percentile. People are always commenting on how little she is for her age. Trust me...she's not little. She has a very petite head with petite features which makes her look small. Tricky girl!

Here's our favorite girl with her new war wounds. If you can't tell, she's singing "STOP! In the name of love!"

2 comments:

The Wilkes said...

Funny story! It seems doctors offices mishaps always happen to me. I had the same thing happen to Avery but no change of clothes...she had to go home in just a diaper. Oh well life goes on. :)

Carlie said...

tricky girl is right. we saw her on sunday and she is just s doll. we have the extreme heads for our babies.. yours in the lower pecentile, and mine in the 90th! i don't know if you feel this way yet, but i look at ellena and think she is a real girl-- not a baby anymore!