Friday, February 1, 2008

We Thank Thee, O God, For a Prophet


I will always remember where I was when I heard that President Hinckley passed away. I was visiting teaching Sunday night, and as I met my partner, she broke the news to me. As I heard the passing of this great man, I was surprised by my reaction. I had a friend post on her blog that she was "strangely happy," and I couldn't agree more. Although I wanted to be selfish and wanted President Hinckley to be our prophet longer, I can only imagine the reunion between him and his amazing wife. He has lead a wonderful life, and worked hard. This is one of the most touching pictures of President Hinckley. This is at the funeral of his wife, whom he was married to for 67 years. He was heartbroken when she passed, and you can see that in his sweet face.



I believe that this tribute was a big step for Glen Beck, and echoes many members out there. We all will miss President Hinckley, but will always be grateful for his leadership, service, and love.

"We thank thee, o God, for a prophet to guide us in these latter days."

5 comments:

Johnson-n-Johnson said...

Hey Amber! Your family looks sooo happy! What a sweet baby! I couldn't tell from your message to us if you had adopted her? Did you adopt? At any rate, you all look great!
brandi

midwestfsa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Johnson-n-Johnson said...

Thanks for your comments. We feel so blessed to have our son. He brings never ending laughter to the family. We know more kids will come in due time. It's the patience that's the hard part!! Thanks for your kind words!

The Wilkes said...

That Glenn Beck tribute is great. That was my favorite as well.

Annie and the Boys... said...

Amber that picture of the prophet touched me! What a wonderful man.And the Glenn Beck tribute just made me cry too..man I'm A BABY! Your sweet little family looks so good! Hope to see you all soon,
annie