Friday, October 12, 2007

Surgery Is Scheduled



I am so grateful for the spirit. When I found this cyst, I didn't feel good about it. Then when it almost doubled in size, I REALLY didn't feel good about it. My doctor told me that I was alright, and the cyst wasn't affecting my thyroid. I didn't feel good about that answer at all. So, I decided to have a 2nd opinion. I went to see an endocrinologist this morning, who asked me, "Why didn't you have this removed when you found it?" I told him that I was told I didn't need it out because it wasn't affecting anything. You know what his response was? "If you would have waited another 6 months or a year to come see me, we would probably have to take your whole thyroid out. I'm scheduling your surgery for next week." I could hardly believe my ears and immediately said a little prayer in my heart, thanking Heavenly Father for the spirit. I KNEW something was not right. It isn't cancerous or anything scary, but it will start to interfere with my thyroid's functions if it gets any larger. The tender mercies of the Lord...

So here's the deal. My surgery is scheduled for Thursday, October 18. It's out-patient, so I'll be home by the afternoon. I'll have an ugly scar on my neck for a while. As it fades, you won't even be able to see it because it will be right along the natural crease in my neck. The cyst is so large, it goes from about the middle of my neck all the way down to my collar bone! I don't even want to think how big this incision is going to be!

I'll keep everyone posted! =)

2 comments:

Tia said...

I can't believe that! I'm glad that everything is going to be okay. Let me know if I can help you out at all.

Jason and Amy said...

glad they are going to take care of it. hope you will have people to help take care of that precious baby while you recover. good luck!!!!