Thursday, October 18, 2007

We're Home

The surgery went very well. I have a small incision on my neck, right in the front in the middle, and it's about 2.5 inches long. Once they got in there, they realized the cyst was much bigger and deeper than originally thought. They ended up having to remove the left lobe of my thyroid. This is okay because one can function just fine with half of a thyroid. I feel good with not too much pain. I feel like I slept on my neck wrong because the muscles are sore, but that's about it. My throat is a little sore from the tube, but that's totally normal. They will chop up the cyst and look at it in detail under the microscope just to make sure there weren't any small spots of cancer in there anywhere. I'm almost positive there's not because I've had it biopsied twice, so I feel good about it. I'm home, resting and doing great! Thank you for all your positive thoughts and prayers!

2 comments:

Jason and Amy said...

glad it went well. wish we were closer so we could help you out, bring you dinner or something. good luck recovering

Ren, Anna, & Tristan said...

I'm sure you're glad that's over! Feel better! :)