Thursday, August 7, 2008

But It Has PeePee On It!

I know, I know...I'm a little slow in posting this.

A couple weeks ago, my brother and his wife trusted us enough to leave their 2 children with us while they escaped to Las Vegas for a weekend getaway for their anniversary. We had SO MUCH FUN! Their kids are well-behaved, eat all their food (as Carter proudly told his mom), play well, and are so enjoyable.

The first adventure is with Carter. Well...most of the adventures were with Carter.

Funniest adventure.

Carter found this little screw that he just fell in love with. It's a funny-looking screw, so I can understand its attraction. Apparently, he even felt it was necessary to take it with him to the bathroom so "the babies didn't get it." As he was peeing, he dropped it in the toilet. When I heard his high-pitched girly shriek, I immediately knew what happened. In to the bathroom I went to investigate! I laughed and explained to him that he would have to reach in and get it. The look of horror on his face as he exclaimed, "But it has PEEPEE on it!!!" After I composed myself from laughing so hard, I went and got him a kitchen spoon (that was thoroughly disinfected after it was used) to scoop out the screw.

Here's the screw with peepee on it. I know, it looks like a little piece of poop, but it's not!


Carter trying to fish out the screw.



And finally, the screw was recovered!


Later that night as his reward for being so brave about getting the screw, he got to squirt whipped cream in his mouth.

3 comments:

The Wilkes said...

Awesome!!! I was dying laughing while reading the whole thing. That sounds just about right...Carter finding the most useless item to play with and not being able to separate himself from it. And the squirt of whipcream is right on as well. Great story...so glad you shared!

Aubry Wilkes said...

Just too cute Ams... Ok you have to change the font color so I don't have to highlight the blog post to read it...LOL

Jen said...

That is hilarious!!! I especially love the scooping it out with a spoon. The only thing I have found in my toilet was Reagan's foot, which is a rather funny story. I'm probably going to be that person who has plumbing issues and the plumber ends up finding the most random stuff ever clogging the line.