Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Trials of our Faith

It seems that every blog I check lately has some kind of tragedy on it.

A mother loses her 1 year old.

A friend loses her 30 year old sister, leaving behind a husband and 4 small children.

A coworker is diagnosed with cancer.

Most recently...



A mesa couple is terribly injured in a plane crash. I heard about this on the news here in Tucson, and then saw it on my friend Sarah's blog. The wife in the crash was actually Sarah's friend growing up. Onlookers who witnessed said the couple ran from the plane on fire. The wife has burns covering 80% of her body, which the husband has burns covering 30% of his body.

Prayers are desperately needed.

Money is desperately needed (recovery will be well in to the millions). If you click on the link with the story here you will be able to see how you can help.

What is so cool is this: Jared and I are going to the temple on Saturday, and have been planning on it for quite some time. Apparently, at 4:45, this couple's family and friends are gathering at the temple to release red balloons filled with helium into the air, with well-wishes written on them. I guess it was a tradition of the family's.

Sarah - this is for you. Jared, Sariah, and I will go to the temple at 4:45 and release a balloon for you and your family. Please let me know what you would like written on it.

Join us if you would like. I am sure the family would love the support, faith, and prayers.

1 comments:

Jason and Amy said...

Jason and I started weight watchers yesterday! Looks like your doing good so far