Monday, October 13, 2008

Sad, sad day



Today is a very sad day for the Franklin family.

We had to put our beloved pit bull, Corona, to sleep.

She has been a member of our family for 4 years.

I found her as a stray at a pivotal time in my life - right after I lost a baby.

She was my baby.

She has kidney failure, and has started to have seizures. She was skin and bones, had a hard time walking, and trembled from discomfort. It was time.

I never wanted to be the one to make this kind of decision. It's so hard to decide when to put a dog down. Questions run through your mind like will she get better? Is this treatable? Is she uncomfortable? I didn't want to put her down if there was a chance.

We prayed about it, and made that decision. I find peace knowing that Heavenly Father has a plan for all his creations. I don't know where she will go, but I do know that she will be taken care of.

She is so loved, and will truly be missed.

4 comments:

Adrian said...

So sorry Franklin Family! It's a hard thing to lose a family pet! Our thoughts are with you during this time!

Ren, Anna, & Tristan said...

Oh, that is so sad. :( I'm sorry!! It's really hard to lose an animal.

Ren, Anna, & Tristan said...

PS Did you ever get my card about the blanket? I wanted to make sure you knew I LOVED IT! :)

Jessica said...

I'm so sorry Amber! She was such a sweet dog! Aaron had talked to Jared several times yesterday obviously and didn't mention it to me but I guess guys are kind of like that sometimes! I'm glad they had fun together last night but I'm really sorry to hear about her having to be put to sleep. That's really sad for you guys.