Sunday, September 11, 2011

Nine Eleven



It has been ten years since this tragic event. I know I will always remember it, and I will always post about it. Today, I thought about all the wives who were widowed and pregnant. The 10 year old children who will never know their fathers in this life, and it pained me. But what I do know is that they will be reunited once again and what an event that will be.

I am always grateful to live in a free country, and I am especially grateful for it today. My heart goes out to those families who continue to suffer. Not just the ones who perished, but the ones who survived as well. Firefighters are dying of cancer from exposure to asbestos and all of the toxins in the air from the towers falling. Those who feel guilt because they survived, but their cubical neighbor didn't. I have no words for them, other than I am mindful and thinking about them this day.

0 comments: