Tuesday, December 18, 2007

The Most Amazing Husband...


I know we all have moments where we look at the ones we love, and fall more deeply in love with them. They sacrifice so much for us.

I was having a particular long and stressful Saturday, but that did not deter Jared from trying to make me happy. It was a day where I had piano lessons at 8:30am, our ward Christmas party at 10 (which I had a small part in), grocery shopping (which I had not done in 10 days and we had almost run out of food!), baptism and a bridal shower at 4, then dinner at Mom and Dad's. I came home from hitting 3 grocery stores (Sunflower market for produce, Costco, and Fry's), unpacked the car and quickly changed for the baptism. Jared noticed I was a little frazzled and he asked what else I needed to do? I looked at him and said: unpack the groceries, wash garments, unload dishwasher, load dishwasher, feed our baby, pack the diaper bag and put together something for family dinner. I kissed him goodbye and left for the baptism.

When I returned home an hour later, he had done EVERYTHING...and made the bed and took out the trash. I could have started to cry! He will never know how grateful I am for his willingness to help. Of course I thanked him many times, and told him how much I loved him...but that won't ever do justice to the relief and joy I felt! We don't need lots of money, we don't need fancy things...all we need is each other to be happy!

2 comments:

Matthew and Courtney said...

Maybe I should have Matt read this story!! JK, it is great to have someone to share the load with.

Ren, Anna, & Tristan said...

Seriously, that is the best thing they can do for us....take on some of the busy work!! Isn't is so nice to have a husband like that?? What a great guy. We're so lucky!!!