Friday, December 7, 2007

Tragic Story, Please help if you can...

I don't know how many of you have heard this story, but I cried for a long time when I read it.

http://www.kvoa.com/global/story.asp?s=7462568

It's about a mom who suddenly became ill during her pregnancy, had an emergency c-section to save her triplets, and then she passed away. Her poor husband is left widowed with 3 brand new boys. I don't know about you, but I immediately took all my baby things that I didn't need anymore and donated them. I have a girl, but I donated all that I could including some diapers and wipes. Please, if you have had boys and have anything to give, help this sweet father. It was quite a drive for me - all the way to Ruthraff and the freeway, but it was definitely worth it. If you live out of town, the article gives information on how you can donate funds.

I felt that this kind of thing was a true test of my faith and compassion for others, especially during this holiday season. It is about giving and treating others as Christ would, so it was an easy decision for Jared and I. My heart just broke, and I couldn't help but give!

0 comments: