Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Is it hard...

Going from one child to two?

Did you ever wonder if you will love the new baby as much as you did your first, and then feel completely overwhelmed with guilt for even having that thought?

Will I ever sleep again?

Did your labor with the 2nd one go faster than the first (as they say is the trend)?

What do you do with your first child when you go in to labor, and you want all of your family at the birth? Who takes care of the first child?

Maybe I'll get to nurse this one (OK not a question, but a thought).

What do I do when I'm nursing this second baby (optimistic!) in the mother's lounge, and the rest hymn comes up and I need to play the organ?

How do I teach my first child that this new creature is to be loved, not to hit and be jealous of?

How will I survive the first couple weeks when I'm not sleeping and still have another child to take care of?

If you could go back and do it over again, what would you change or do different?

Just some thoughts and questions that have been going through my mind these last few weeks. Please, any and all advice you have is welcome!

0 comments: