Tuesday, May 12, 2009

One Day at a Time

Today is one of those days when:

* 6:30 am comes around, and I have my happy daughter climbing into bed with me. Not to snuggle, but to play. I am so tired that I can't even open my eyes, and selfishly ask Sariah to go read a book while I slowly become one of the living.

* 8:00 am comes around, it's barely 80 degrees outside, and I have a pair of sweaty pits that could rival any man after a 2 hour workout.

* my lower back hurts so bad, I physically could not get out of bed without saying a prayer asking the Lord to give me more physical strength.

* my baby boy is sitting so low that my pelvis is spread farther than I ever thought possible, making it very difficult to walk, sit, stand, or anything.

* I start to reconsider my resolve to not be induced, and think "Maybe I'll allow my doctor to induce me at 39 weeks to end this misery." But then again...maybe not. =)

* I wonder how I am going to make it 7 more weeks.

* I marvel at the amazing body, and all it does in its splendor to create another human life.

* I decide that I can't look out 7 weeks, because I'll get very discouraged. Rather, I decide to take it one day at a time, accomplish what I can in one day, and be grateful that I am even able to have another baby.

2 comments:

Matthew and Courtney said...

One day at a time, that is all we can do. We can't wait to meet him!

Adrian said...

Oh Amber! Those are all reasons that I LOVE not being pregnant anymore. I adore my baby, but I do not like pregnancy! I would much rather be sleep deprived, have sore nipples, and bleed for weeks than be pregnant! (Sorry but those things are coming!) Hang in there!!! A few more weeks and it will suddenly be all worth it!