Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Am I Crazy?

When I decided not to go back to teaching, I had all these wonderful plans.

Re-decorate the house.

Clean out closets.

Be able to clean my home in 1 day (instead of little by little throughout the week)!

This is the first week that I have been able to stay home with Sariah since school got out.

She is sick.

Really sick.

103 degree fever sick.

Is this what I signed up for? Being a mom?

Being in my pj's all day, hair disheveled, glasses.

Letting my little one be in her pj's all day, too, because that's how she is comfortable.

Living room is a mess.

Dishes to do.

Laundry to fold.

Meal plan for the week to be made.

Not caring about any of that because I am rocking my little girl, with her 103 degree fever.

She only wants one person. ME.

And her giraffe.

And her pacifier.

And her blankie.

She wants her mom.

I'm her mom.

Again, is this what I signed up for?

With all my heart, yes.

3 comments:

Jen said...

I love the new background. It's beautiful. Though we often think, during pregnancy, that we will be one of those moms who gets dressed everyday and gets to shower everyday, we are mistaken. But I would never trade those days of being disheveled for anything. They are often the most memorable. It definitely doesn't get any easier with 2. The last time I was able to thourougly clean the house in ONE day??? The day I went into labor with Lorelai. :)

Jessica said...

Franklin family! I saw you had a blog on the Fowlers sight and had to visit it. We have a blog too so I thought I would share ours with you! I can't believe how big Sariah is getting and Brady for that matter. Brady, Aaron and I will be home on the 10th. And since you are now staying at home as well and we are in the same neighborhood, we should give each other reasons to get dressed and get out of the house! I know that I need one as well sometimes! Is Sariah walking all the way yet by herself or still getting there? Talk to you in a couple weeks!
jessica

Melissa said...

Aww, I got a tear in my eye. Yep, isn't that what's all about? Kudos on your decision to stay home. It drove me Cabin fever crazy at first, but now I'm used to it and I couldn't imagine being anywhere else. You're an inspiration.