Thursday, May 29, 2008

Domestic Goddess

The two words that describe me best right now!

At first, I was overwhelmed.

How am I going to do it all?

Cleaning. Laundry. Cooking. Baking. Organizing. Keeping the family together.

I THINK I HAVE THE ANSWER: SCHEDULE!

If babies thrive on a schedule, so should their moms...with flexibility for play dates and other fun things.

So guess what I did? I made a schedule! Here's what it is...let me know your thoughts.

MONDAY: Pay Bills. $$

TUESDAY: Laundry (clothes)

WEDNESDAY: Cleaning (kitchen, bathrooms)

THURSDAY: Cleaning (living room, bedrooms, floors)

FRIDAY: Meal plan for the following week; Grocery Shopping

SATURDAY: Laundry (sheets and towels)

So what do you think?

I've heard the key is breaking it up. Not looking at the house and saying "I have a whole house to clean today." Rather, by breaking it up in to 2 days, it's not so overwhelming.

I'll let you know how it goes!

6 comments:

Jason and Amy said...

Schedule sounds like a good idea. I need to work on my own. It feels impossible to get everything done sometimes. Your mean plan for the week sounds amazing. Will u email me and tell me what u guys do for that? I would love some help/ideas/inspiration.

Ren, Anna, & Tristan said...

I love it! It makes so much more sense to break it up.My problem is that Saturday is really my only day to do things because I am at work all week. I so look forward to being at home someday!!!

Johnson-n-Johnson said...

That's exactly what I do. One big thing a day. It all works out. Of course...we do more laundry now that we have a baby who loves to spit up on everything...but a schedule is good. Remember, we can never ahve this time back, so we may as well forget keeping a perfect house. When the kids grow up and move out, we will have the cleanest house around. Just enjoy that sweetie pie!

Melissa said...

Remember to play too!

Sarah said...

one domestic goddess to another

A schedule is the only thing that keeps me sane some days, good thinking. I have one suggestion, I do one small load of laundry everyday, I put one in the washer move yesterdays to the dryer and fold and put away what is in the dryer. It helps me avoid the mountains of laundry that make me crazy and my laundry room a disaster. It is just a suggestion, I am sure you have everything handled wonderfully. My mother suggested it to me and after implementing it I have LOVED it. My laundry room is always clean and it is less than 10 minutes out of my day.

keep bloggin' AMS I really enjoy it

Adrian said...

You are so cute! You are obviously the perfect mother! I'm so excited that you finally get to stay home! Despite the fact that I don't stay home all day and don't have any kids, sometimes I too feel overwhelmed with keeping up with things around the house. I found this website called FLYLADY.com. It's awesome! She helps you keep your house nice and neat without going insane. Her big thing is you can do anything for 15 min. I have found the suggestions and routines so helpful! But it looks like you already have it under control! Anyway check it out. I also have a link to it from my blog. I would also love some help/ideas/inspiration about dinner. (Looks like that needs to be your next post!)