Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Unexpected Visitor

This morning, I left the house early for work. I normally leave about 7:20, but something told me I needed to leave early. I was walking out of my house at 7:05 when I see this sweet face by my mailbox.







This sweet Rottweiler puppy had gotten out of his home somehow! Anyone who knows me knows my deep love for animals. I WISH I COULD KEEP HIM! Who wouldn't want to keep that sweet baby boy? I didn't know what to do because I couldn't put him inside for 3 reasons. 1 - I have a pitbull who doesn't get along with other dogs. 2 - he is a puppy and I was afraid he would pee all over the place! 3 - I had to go to work and wasn't going to leave him at home. This is what I decided. I put my dog in my room and shut the door, and put the puppy outside in our safe backyard. I then let my dog back into the living room. She's house-trained and I knew she wouldn't pee and told myself I would run home during my planning hour and hide the puppy and then let her out. When I got to work, I had a thought. One of my students' parents knows a ton of people, all who are dog lovers! I called her right at 8:05 and asked her if she wanted a puppy. Thankfully, she did. She's going to surprise her son with the puppy because it's his birthday this weekend and they were going to get him a puppy anyways! I've known her for years so I told her where my house was and allowed her to go get the puppy. What happy ending to an unexpected morning!

4 comments:

Matthew and Courtney said...

So, what happens when there are signs put up around the neighbor hood for a missing puppy that some little boy lost?!!!! He is really cute!

The Wilkes said...

What a cutie! I hope puppy didn't belong to someone in the neighborhood. Can't wait to see you guys!

Olivia Larsen said...

who is the student?

Tia said...

Oh my gosh! What a cute puppy! It's a good thing that you didn't call me because I would have taken it in a heart beat. Zack might have had a heart attack.