Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Learning is STILL FUN

I want to be the kind of mother that allows her child to play in the mud.

I want to be the kind of mother that is alright with her child tasting dirt.

I want to be the kind of mother who isn't afraid of messes.

Playing with food: VERY important part of the learning process!!!

Our little girl STILL is not interested in table food.

She cries when presented with it.

However - she LOVES to stick her fingers in her baby food and squish it between her fingers.

Why am I alright with this?

Because of what is happening in her brain!!

She's learning, she's experiencing, and she's having fun.

So what do you get when you combine a 1o month old with food to play with?

A CHEESY grin (look at those 8 teeth!):



And a Happy Little Girl:




1 comments:

Jason and Amy said...

Thanks so much for that post. My kids (and high chairs, counter, floor, and even J & I) are totally messy after we feed the babies. Carlee & Carson will be pretty dang smart if the mess has to do with learning :) SO sad I missed you again in Tucson, seriously?!? (does sariah seriously have 8 teeth? holy cow)