Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Another helpless animal...

What is it with me and finding HELPLESS ANIMALS?? This morning, some students came and got me. I soon saw a crowd of students huddling over something very tiny. When I asked them to move, this is what I saw...





I then start looking around, and I see this...





And then further in the distance are these. Think it's his family watching to see what we'll do?






The above picture isn't very good - it's from my camera phone. Anyhow, the first picture is of this poor hurt baby ground squirrel. The kids are begging me to save it and make it better. What do they expect me to do? I'm not sure this little guy is going to survive. I have such a soft spot for animals and it killed me to tell the kids that if I touch him, the others will reject him and probably even kill him. We have to leave him alone and let nature take its course. Was I wrong?

0 comments: