Monday, June 1, 2009

My dear husband:

Today has been a little bit of an "Alexander" day.

It all started when I woke up with this very funny orange/rust/red stuff all over my hands. I have no idea what it is, or how it got there. All I know is that 1) it won't wash off, and 2) it wasn't there when I went to bed. I thought it might be dried blood, but I can't figure out where I would be bleeding from (because I checked myself head-to-toe), and the bed. None of this mystery residue on the bed, either.


It continued when Sariah woke up at 5:30am when you left, screaming and crying at the thought of you leaving for work. She settled down and slept for another 35 minutes or so, but was up unusually early at 6:10.

The day culminated when Sariah decided to investigate Emerson's formula on the counter. She was sitting atop the counter while I was making a bottle for her sweet cousin. She leaned over a little too far, and fell. Taking the entire brand-new can of formula with her. She had formula powder in her hair, up her nose, in her eyelashes, and all over her clothes.


Here is the part that makes it tough for me: I cannot clean this mess up. My large pregnant belly, and very fragile back will not allow me to bend over and clean up the powder. I am afraid that this is what you are going to have to come home to, and clean it up for me.

I apologize for the scenario that you will be walking into this evening, but I also know that you will do it with a smile on your face and happiness in your heart. You will also probably chuckle at the thought of your wife trying desperately to clean up this mess, but cannot due to a belly being in the way. You have a way of finding joy in otherwise unpleasant situations.

For this, I love you.

1 comments:

Renee Richins said...

Hi Amber,
I found your blog through Brandi's blog. :) I think you'll remember me. Congratulations on your up and coming second baby. I hope you and your family are doing well. Good luck with the new baby.
Renee