Monday, June 8, 2009

"That" Point



I've reached "that" point in my pregnancy.

You know the one I'm talking about.

With my aching back - I don't walk. I hobble. Like an elderly woman with scoliosis.

Yesterday at church, it was obvious that I was uncomfortable. I am the chorister for sacrament meeting at the moment (I'm really the organist but I can't sit on the bench so the chorister and I traded places until after the baby is born). After sitting on the uncomfortable church pew for an hour while the sharing of testimonies took place, I gingerly got up and hobbled my way to the front of the congregation. Kind of embarrassing, actually, because I get these pittied looks.

"Poor thing," they whisper. I don't like being a poor thing.

Alas, I reached "that" point yesterday when not 1 but 6 women in the ward asked me, "Are you just about done being pregnant? You're going to have that baby any day now, aren't you?"

Hardly. I have 3 weeks left. I'm going to have to endure these questions, comments, and pittied looks for another 3 weeks.

I guess that means the end must be in sight. THAT is the point I'm looking forward to the most. Knowing that it was all worth it, and being able to finally hold this little boy.

7 comments:

Aubry Wilkes said...

Ams- I totally sympathize with you... I of anyone might know how you are feeling. When pregnant with Derek, I got up on the stand at church and turned to walk toward to piano so my belly was in full view of the congregation... there was a collective "gasp"... and I had a month left also. I know, sister.... only too well. And it will all be so worth it... come on, James... we are ready for you!

Leann said...

LOLOLOL! Seriously, THANK YOU so much. I got the EXACT same thing yesterday. And while, it is true, I have reached THAT point... I feel bad that it is sooo obvious to everyone else! SO thank you,... I'm there too, and I understand!

TucsonBrowns said...

You can do it. Just Breath...or try to breath. I thought you looked beautiful yesterday! I'm envious each time I see a woman "at that point" as it means they will get a new little spirit soon. You can do it. Eye on the prize! =)

Ren, Anna, & Tristan said...

I know what you mean!!! I hated going to church the last couple of weeks and hearing, "You STILL haven't had that baby?" Especially once I was overdue! I can't wait to see the little one!~

annieareyouok said...

why do people say stuff like that? why can't everyone just say,"you look adorable." and move on!!! the last 3 weeks are the toughest mentally not to mention going through it in this heat. i hit "that point" when i had 3 weeks left and devon came a week later. you'll be ok. being pregnant is such anamazing time so try to enjoy it for a little while longer.

Adrian said...

By the time I reached THAT POINT I was on bedrest. So be thankful you can still go to church! 3 weeks!! I didn't realize that's all you had left! Heck yes! Hang in theres! Within a couple short weeks we'll get to meet your new little boy! Hooray! Let your sweet hubby and mom-in-law take care you now!

Jason and Amy said...

Hey! Im in town till monday :) I saw your mom for a minute today. If you want to hang call me I would love to and am not very busy this trip