Friday, June 26, 2009

The short version - literally!

7:00 am - arrived at hospital, 4cm

8:45 am - doctor arrived and broke my water, 5cm

10:34 am - no contractions, so pitocin was administered

12:35 pm - epidural received, 6 cm

1:44 pm - complete, 10 cm

1:50 pm - doctor H arrived

1:55 pm - 3 minutes, and 3 pushes later, baby James is born

This is the LITERAL timeline, written down for me by the nurse because I just couldn't believe it!

Right after the epidural. I had a "walking" epidural, so I could still move and feel pressure. I knew when to push, I knew how, but I couldn't feel the pain. Marvelous!


Time to push:


Here he comes:


The doctor let me reach down and pull him out - amazing:


Jared cutting his cord:


Here's our baby boy!


7 lbs, 15.7 ounces, 21 inches long. 3/10 of an ounce away from 8 pounds? Put a little gel in his hair, and you have an 8 pound baby! Let's just say he's 8 pounds:


Sweet boy:


First bath:


So happy to have a son!


Our nurse, Natasha. She was from South Africa, and just as sweet as could be. I personally think your nurse makes all the difference!


More pictures to come when he's got cute clothes on, and such!

What an amazing experience, and I'd do it over again in an instant.

16 comments:

Gooch Family said...

Congrats! Glad everything went so well and fast, that is great!

Jessica said...

Congrats to you guys! What a cutie! I would come visit you in the hospital but Brady and I have had a cold all week so we'll stay away for a while! We'll catch you next week at home-I know where you live!

Johnson-n-Johnson said...

You look absolutely gorgeous and so happy amber. Congratulations!

Jen said...

Congratulations! I'm so excited for you. Isn't a fast labor wonderful? He is adorable.

Sarah said...

congratulations! glad it all went well!

Carlie said...

he does look like he needs some gel for all that hair! we are so happy to hear things went so smoothly. i'll have to ask for that walking epidural this time so i don't feel like a land mass not able to move at all.
can't wait to meet him!

bedonts said...

Congratulations! He's adorable! I'm so happy that everything went well for you and that he arrived safely! Can't wait to meet him! Let me know if there is ever anything I can do for you!!

Jason and Amy said...

3 pushes???? come on seriously that is not even fair, you GO GIRL! You look great, and he is precious.

Tidwell Family said...

He is adorable, can't wait till our little man gets here too. I hope your poor back feels better! can't wait to meet him in person! Let me know if I can help.

Adrian said...

James is ADORABLE!! And you look FABULOUS! So so so jealous about the 3 pushes! We'll have to chat more! Can't wait to see more pictures! Congrats to your little family!

Aubry Wilkes said...

I am so excited to meet little James... maybe I'll see you tonight? Eight pounds of baby... wowza! That means there is more baby fat... love it!

Jessica McFarland said...

Congratulations!! I am so glad it went so well, and fast. I love Natasha too, she is great. Can't wait to see him.

GKWilkes said...

Amber you have the most amazing child births! Unbelievable! What a little cutie....and all that hair! I wish I could have been there.

Ren, Anna, & Tristan said...

Congrats!! oh, he's so cute!!!! I totally agree about the nurse. So glad everything went well!

Emily said...

Congratulations! I loved my first delivery because it was just about like that.... perfect!!

Emily said...

Crazy! I had that nurse during bed rest. She was a lot of fun. Your nurse definitely makes the delivery.