Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Little girl + dog = FUN!

Sariah ABSOLUTELY LOVES our little pit bull, Corona. They follow each other around everywhere, and they are so cute together! Corona always licks her, and gets down on Sariah's level so she can be played with. Corona has this funny habit of running around like crazy when we get home, and it makes Sariah laugh and laugh! I tried to capture some of it on this video, but you can hear her just giggling away.


Corona loves to watch what is going on outside, so she sits at our living room window. If we open the window for her, she'll sit there for hours and sniff out all the action. However, she is a little too short for the window, and her neck will get tired from holding her head up. After a few minutes, she will rest her chin on the window sill so she can still see. Sariah has recently started looking out the window with her...and yes, daddy dressed her and made her match in red from head to toe!





























Sariah is also getting very vocal, and jabbers at everything. Here, she's having a conversation with both me and the shoes.


Since Sariah is on the move, Corona has become unusually protective. In the kitchen, we have a mat where we put Corona's food and water dishes. During the week, when it's nice outside, we'll leave the water dish outside and leave the door cracked open so she can go in and out at will. When Sariah is crawling around in the kitchen, Corona will sit on this mat and protect the opening of the door so she can't crawl outside. She's our own little nanny! Here she is, watching very intently as Sariah crawls under the kitchen table...


Two cute pictures...I don't know how she sleeps like this, and her super cute church outfit!

6 comments:

Matthew and Courtney said...

Oh my gosh Ams, she is getting so freakin cute! I can't wait to come home and snuggle with her. Her little personality is just coming out and is awesome. I love it when you update your blog, you should do it more often for me! Love you.

Annie and the Boys... said...

Brooks can't get enough of Sariah's movies! He just sits and laughs and laughs, don't you just love this age?

Jason and Amy said...

Dont you love when Daddy dresses the baby? :) When are you coming to Utah I am dying to meet this little one. Carlee & Sariah are totally going to be BFFs

Ren, Anna, & Tristan said...

Holy cow, look at that sleeping position. How funny!! I don't know what's cuter, your baby or your dog. I love them both! How fun!!

Tia said...

I can't believe how big Sariah is getting! She looks so different! It's amazing what happens to little kids when you don't see them on a weekly basis! They grow up so fast! And I loved the video. Sariah and Corona are so cute together. What a good dog!

The Burtons said...

Amber, you're little Sariah is so cute and funny. We also LOVE having a dog to play with and love on. When our first dog died, we were so lonely without him it only took a couple months to run out and find another one. I think it is good to help them not be scared of animals. I can't tell you how many kids come over and scream their heads off at our little Boston Terrier. I also liked your post on your favorite baby products. I will have to refer my little sister since she is due with her first in July. I agree with the no diaper genie. I just walk them outside to the garbage can and VOILA, no smell!